Let’s talk about security
RFID card technologies used in access control systems are not all the same. They differ from each other according to capacity, updatability and the foremost important; security. There are several ways to improve your system security from cloning and hacking. If you are planning a new access control system, we recommend you consider MIFARE® DESFire. With 128 bit AES or TDES encryption it prevents any hacking attempts. Another benefit is that it is an open standard technology; devices from different manufacturers are compatible with each other.
Depending on whether you are planning a new system or looking for methods to improve your old system, there are several ways to improve security:
- Add personal pin-codes to authentication process
- Choose a technology that is safe enough to prevent any hacking or cloning
- Consider “transparent” readers enabling all data and commands be handled within your system
- Choose highly secure OSDP v2 data protocol
- Decryption modules or software implemented in your Wiegand system, enabling you to use encrypted transponder-reader-host communication all the way from transponder to host also in existing, older Wiegand systems
Would you like to use your mobile access solution with secure and durable Idesco readers? We will soon release Idesco Mobile Lite SDK software development kit.