What kind of long-range reader?
Long range readers are designed explicitly for applications where identification is required at distances beyond what standard RFID can offer. Idesco’s passive EPC readers use a UHF frequency that extends reliable identification out to distances as great as 10-15 meters.
A long-range application can place several unique demands on its readers, depending on its purpose. That’s why, in beginning of 2018, we are launching our new EPC 2.0 readers with powerful new features like encrypted data transfer between reader and transponder and much simpler reader updating.
Here are just a few of the capabilities Idesco EPC readers and tags already have to ensure the success of your long-range applications.
- Anticollision lets you interrogate and store credentials from several transponders within a reader’s detection zone simultaneously – particularly valuable in logistics settings.
- Zone control (to which our EPC-IA is well-suited), lets you monitor, moment-by-moment, a transponder population for any changes.
- Deploying an external antenna with an Idesco EPC reader lets you determine the direction of a moving transponder, or identify traffic transiting thru opposed lanes simultaneously.
- Adjustable interrogation zones let you ensure that only transponders entering an Idesco EPC reader’s strictly defined area will be identified, so you can reliably ignore tagged vehicles transiting a neighboring lane, for example.
- Multi-application EPC transponders let you assign them to fulfill multiple tasks; e.g. vehicle garage ID, physical access control and cashless payments.
- Wireless deployment of EPC readers is made plug-n-play easy with our DCU and ICU controllers.
We are delighted to announce our new service, Idesco ID, has been nominated for the Detektor International Award, ID & Access Control category