2. Who is the controller?
Idesco is the controller for the processing of the personal data collected from contacts at corporate customers that buy products from the Idesco.
You will find our contact details below.
+358 20 743 4175
In connection with questions about our processing of your personal data, please contact Anu-Leena Arola at email@example.com
3. Types of personal data we collect and process about you or your company
We process the following information about you as a contact at a corporate customer or private business owner:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Purchasing history
- Meeting notes and memos
- Time zone, IP address, browser, operating system and user agent in the case you contact the Company via chat on the Company’s website.
Please note that data about the purchasing history in relation to the contact person at corporate customers is linked to the corporate customer and not to you as a contact.
4. What do we use your data for?
Your personal data are processed so that we are able to administer your orders (or those of the company you represent) and handle any returns, warranty claims and similar customer administration. The legal ground is that the processing is necessary for Idesco to be able to fulfil the agreement with you as a contact of customer company or private business owner. If you are a contact at a customer company, the processing is carried on with a balancing of interests as a legal ground, where Idesco’s legitimate interest is to be able to exercise its rights and obligations under the agreement with the customer company.
The marketing is directed towards the company you represent and is based on the type of goods/services you previously purchased, or, which we consider to be relevant to your professional activity. Newsletters and marketing e-mails are sent only on the condition that you have not opposed such marketing, and you may choose to unsubscribe at any time from our newsletters and marketing e-mails. In order to unsubscribe, please use the unsubscribe link provided in each newsletter, or contact us with firstname.lastname@example.org. The marketing occurs based on a “balancing of interests” as a legal ground, where our legitimate interest is to market its products.
More details about chat forum
In Idesco’s chat forum, you can contact us if you have any questions. We are using chat software TAWKTO. The chat software collects data; time zone, IP address, browser, operating system and user agent, enabling us to answer your questions and process your issue. Based on these data, a profile is created, which, together with the call history, enables us to recognise you and your previous issues, if you return at a later date.
5. Which recipients are we going to share your data with?
Idesco may transfer your personal data to delivery firms or other external service providers in case these are required in order for Idesco to fulfill your request as a corporate customer. These recipients only have the right to process your personal data on behalf of the Company in connection with performing a service for the Company, e.g. delivering ordered goods to you. The Company takes all reasonable legal, technical and organisational measures in order to ensure that your data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection during transfer to or sharing with such selected third parties.
Idesco can also provide your personal data to public authorities e.g. the Finnish Tax Agency, if we are obliged to do so by law. In the case that all or parts of Idesco’s ’s operations are sold, Idesco can transfer your personal data to a potential buyer of the operations.
6. Transfer of personal data outside the EU/EEA
Your personal data will only be processed in the EU.
7. For how long will we store data?
Your personal information is processed for as long as it is necessary for Idesco to administer the purchase history and any other business-related information between Idesco and your company.
In the event that Idesco becomes aware that your employment at a client company is ending or you cease to be the corporate customer’s contact for some other reason, we will remove your data.
Idesco can save your personal data for a longer period if it is necessary to meet a legal obligation that needs to be processed by applicable law, or in order for the Company to be able to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, for example related to the Company’s contractual relationship with the client company, the private business owner or you as a consumer.
8. Your rights
You have certain statutory rights that you can exercise in relation to the Company. A summary of these rights follows below. For complete information about your rights, please see the General Data Protection Regulation, Chapters 3–5.
- Right to access/extract from register. You have the right to get answers about whether the Company processes personal data about you. If this is the case, you have the right to information about, among other things, what personal data are being processed, the purpose of the processing, which external recipients receive your personal data and how long we will save your personal data for.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data, which you have provided to the Company, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that the Company transfer these personal data to another controller. The right to data portability applies to personal data, which is processed in an automated manner, and which is based on your consent or on an agreement you are party to.
- Rectification of inaccurate data. You have the right to request that the Company rectify inaccurate or incomplete information about you.
- Erasure of certain data. You have the right to request that the Company erase your personal data under certain circumstances, e.g. if the personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose that we collected the personal data for.
- Right to object to the Company’s processing of personal data. You have the right under certain circumstances to object to the Company’s processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to direct marketing. You have the right to object at any time to the Company processing your personal data for direct marketing. If you object to such processing, the Company without delay shall cease all direct marketing to you.
- Right to restriction of processing your personal data. You have the right to request a restriction of the Company’s processing of your personal data in certain cases. For example, if you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, you can request a restriction of the processing during a period of time to enable the Company to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- If you have a complaint about the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge such a complaint with the Finnish Data Protection Authority.
If you want to make a request for an extract from the register, data portability, rectification, erasure, objection or restriction, please contact the Company at email@example.com.